Welcome to the 2020-21 school year! We're looking forward to a great year of learning with our outstanding students!
Did you know...
that Muskegon Public Schools offers a Two Way Immersion Program for grades K-5th. This program is housed at Marquette Elementary School. What is Two Way Immersion? Two Way Immersion creates an environment where English and Spanish-speaking students learn together. These students build knowledge in all standard academic areas by learning in both Spanish and English languages. Children emerge from the program with an appropriate level of bilingualism and bi-literacy. Interested in this program for your son or daughter, contact Mary Scott, Principal, or Amado Perez Assistant Principal at 231-720-2600. We are enrolling now for the fall!
Cell Phone Policy
To ensure that the use of personal electronic devices (cell phones, etc.) in our school and on school property do not interfere with the learning, safety, and well-being of students and staff, it has become necessary to institute the following policy effective immediately. Click here for the policy (en español, página dos).
Here are key links for students and parents as we go through this time of distance learning:
- Request for Face-to-Face Meeting/Tutoring
- Student Health Screener (to be submitted each day before coming to school for face-to-face meetings or in-person activities) (Formulario de Detección de Salud Diaria del Estudiante en español)
- Weekly Learning Schedule
- Marquette Elementary Tutoring Bus Schedule (Horario para el Autobús de Tutoría en español)
- ClassLink (ClassLink is the login portal to MPS online learning)
- SeeSaw "Get Started" Guide for Parents (Grades K-2)
- Google Classroom "Get Started" Guide for Parents (Grades 3-5)
- Chromebook Login Information
- Mailing packets that were sent to all student homes containing complete information about the 2020-21 school year
- Click here to access tutorial videos and information designed to assist parents as they help their child use MPS technology.
If your student is absent, please send a picture of your doctor's note to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Notice--Confirmed and Probable COVID-19 Cases
Click here for information about Marquette Elementary's confirmed and/or probable COVID-19 cases, as well as any reported cases in Muskegon Public Schools.
In accordance with the district's plan, the following actions will take place for each positive case:
- The individual(s) in question will be quarantined from work/school until released to return by a healthcare professional.
- MPS will work closely with the Health Department to conduct contact tracing. Those individuals who are determined to have been in close contact with the COVID-19 positive individual(s) will be personally contacted by someone from the Health Department or MPS with additional guidance.
Additional information about the district's plan and protocols is available in the COVID-19 response plan documents located on the district's COVID-19 Information page. Access that page by clicking here.
School Wellness Program
Marquette School Wellness Hours
Monday – Friday:
8 am – 4 pm
Closed daily for lunch from 12:30 pm – 1 pm
Hours of availability vary occasionally due to meetings, late start and school closings.
Make an Appointment
The School Wellness Program provides health screenings, health education, counseling, and other health resources to youth through the care of a School Nurse and a licensed Behavioral Health Provider. A signed parental consent is required for your child to receive most services. The School Programs Staff can see patients without a parent present as long as there is a signed consent on file. They can see your child only once with a parent’s verbal permission, which can be given over the phone to a Hackley Community Care School Programs staff member. Please call 231.733.6816 to schedule an appointment
Karen Theus, RN, School Program Nurse
Kierra Jones, LLMSW, School Program Behavioral Health Consultant
Alejandra Lopez, School Program Receptionist
Joy Evans, School Program Manager
Hackley Community Care School Programs consist of three different models in seven different schools, four of which are in the Muskegon Public School district. The three different models are Teen Health Centers (THCs), School Wellness Programs (SWPs) and Behavioral Health only sites. The School Programs are a model of care for underserved children and youth that increases coordination of medical and behavioral healthcare services. These sites serve as a natural anchor for kids, residents, neighborhoods, and schools.
Hackley Community Care School Programs must abide by all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) laws for privacy and cannot tell school staff why a child has accessed their facility. Health records are not given to school staff without appropriate releases signed by a parent.
Title I Annual Parent Meeting (Reunión Anual de Padres)
Marquette's Upcoming Events
Virtual Parent Meeting - Every Thursday!
Please join us at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday via Zoom! See the related news article for more information.
Reunión Virtual de Padres - ¡Todos los Jueves!
Únase a nosotros a las 6:30 p.m. todos los jueves por Zoom! Consulte el artículo de noticias relacionado para obtener más información.