Muskegon Public Schools is closely following the direction of local, state and national agencies regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). Check here for the latest updates from the district.
Public Notice--Confirmed and Probable COVID-19 Cases
General information about all positive COVID-19 cases among Muskegon Public Schools (MPS) staff and students will be posted here. In accordance with the district's plan, the following actions will take place for each positive case:
- The individual(s) in question will be quarantined from work/school until released to return by a healthcare professional.
- MPS will work closely with the Health Department to conduct contact tracing. Those individuals who are determined to have been in close contact with the COVID-19 positive individual(s) will be personally contacted by someone from the Health Department or MPS with additional guidance.
- Additional information about the district's protocols is available in the COVID-19 response plan documents located on this page.
COVID-19 Learning Plan Assurances
Click here for the district's COVID-19 Learning Plan Assurances (10/8/20).
Information about the 2020-21 School Year
Mailing packets were sent to all student homes that contain complete information about the 2020-21 school year. Click on the links below to view each packet.
Mandatory Health Screening Prior to Coming to School
The MPS fall learning plan calls for students needing additional assistance to be brought to their school building for tutoring sessions. Any time students come to school in person, parents must fill out an online health screener PRIOR TO the student boarding the bus or being dropped off at school. This form must be filled out again every day students come to school. Access the screener by clicking here. A graphic checklist outlining things to look for prior to filling out the screener can be found by clicking here.
Formulario de Detección de Salud Diaria del Estudiante
Este breve formulario de detección debe completarse antes de enviar a su estudiante a la escuela. Este formulario debe completarse CADA DIA que su estudiante va a la escuela en persona. Haga clic aquí para acceder al screener.
Tutoring Bus Schedule/Horario para el Autobús de Tutoría
Click on the schedule for your student's school to see the pickup and dropoff times for the bus stop nearest you. Please contact your school with questions.
- Bunker Elementary Bus Schedule (Español)
- Marquette Elementary Bus Schedule (Español)
- Moon Elementary/Oakview Elementary Bus Schedule (Español)
- Middle School/High School Bus Schedule (Español)
Chromebooks are still available for students who have not yet picked one up. Parents should contact their building office for information on how to pick up their device.
Muskegon Public Schools is again offering home delivery of breakfast and lunch to all interested families. Sign-up information for the fall is available here:
Return to Learn Plan Documents