As a result of the current order from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, all district offices will be open only from 12:00 - 2:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays until the end of the order (currently 12/8/20). Visitors should report to the main office entrance, and will not be allowed in the building except at designated pick-up/drop-off locations. Please contact your building with questions or for more information.
All grades and programs will be conducted by distance learning from 11/18 until the end of the order. Students are expected to continue daily attendance for all online sessions. Attendance will be tracked daily.
At Moon School we take responsibility to inspire our students to be Respectful, Excellent, Dependable, and Safe. We are committed to a partnership with Students, Parents, and Community. We believe in greatness!
Here are key links for students and parents as we go through this time of distance learning:
- Student Health Screener (to be submitted each day before coming to school for face-to-face meetings or in-person activities) (Formulario de Detección de Salud Diaria del Estudiante en español)
- Weekly Learning Schedule
- Moon/Oakview Tutoring Bus Schedule (Horario para el Autobús de Tutoría en español)
- ClassLink (ClassLink is the login portal to MPS online learning)
- SeeSaw "Get Started" Guide for Parents (Grades K-2)
- Google Classroom "Get Started" Guide for Parents (Grades 3-5)
- Chromebook Login Information
- Mailing packets that were sent to all student homes containing complete information about the 2020-21 school year
- Click here to access tutorial videos and information designed to assist parents as they help their child use MPS technology.
Public Notice--Confirmed and Probable COVID-19 Cases
Click here for information about Moon Elementary's confirmed and/or probable COVID-19 cases, as well as any reported cases in Muskegon Public Schools.
In accordance with the district's plan, the following actions will take place for each positive case:
- The individual(s) in question will be quarantined from work/school until released to return by a healthcare professional.
- MPS will work closely with the Health Department to conduct contact tracing. Those individuals who are determined to have been in close contact with the COVID-19 positive individual(s) will be personally contacted by someone from the Health Department or MPS with additional guidance.
Additional information about the district's plan and protocols is available in the COVID-19 response plan documents located on the district's COVID-19 Information page. Access that page by clicking here.
Moon School News
Moon's Upcoming Events
Moon Elementary School
1826 Hoyt Street
Muskegon, MI 49442