End of Year Goals
Use drawings and equations to solve multiplication and division word problems within 100 for situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities.
- Fluently multiply and divide within 100 using a variety of strategies and by the end of Grade 3, know from memory all products of two one-digit numbers.
- Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and non-standard algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- Understand a fraction as the quantity formed by one part when a whole is partitioned into equal parts.
- Relate the area of a rectangle to the operations of multiplication and addition and recognize that the area of a rectangle is the same when covering the rectangle with tiles as when multiplying side lengths.
We use Everyday Mathematics (Edition 4), which is a comprehensive Pre-K through grade 6 mathematics program developed by the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project and published by McGraw-Hill Education
Learning Tools for Everyday Mathematics (Edition 4):
- Everyday Math 3rd Grade (EM4)
- EM4 Math at Home:
Help organized by section (unit) for Home Link problems (English and Spanish), selected answers, vocabulary definitions, videos, games and more!
Stay up-to-date on what your child is learning in class. Family Letters contain background information, vocabulary, games and more for each section (unit).
- English Family Letters
- Spanish Family Letters (Coming Soon)
Student Log-in Information
ClassLink - connectED
Use this link to connect to Everyday Mathematics Today’s Lesson, Math Games, Tutorial Videos, Math Toolbox, the Student Resource Book and more.
Once your student has logged into classlink they can access i-Ready Math lessons that are at their level.
- Addition & Subtraction Fact Triangle Cards
Fact Triangle cards group together related addition and subtraction facts (fact families) to practice mental math facts and arithmetic skills.
- Multiplication & Division Fact Triangle Cards
Fact Triangle cards group together related multiplication and division facts (fact families) to practice mental math facts and arithmetic skills.
- Math Games with a Deck of Cards
Practice math facts and other math concepts with a deck of cards and two players.
- PBS Kids Math Games
Fun online math games.
- Math Playground
Fun math games, logic games, and number puzzles.