End of Year Goals
- Fluently multiply multi-digit whole numbers using the standard U.S. algorithm.
- Solve problems involving division of four-digit whole numbers divided two-digit whole numbers using strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between multiplication and division. Students will be able to illustrate and explain their solutions by using equations, rectangular arrays, and/or area models.
- Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators (including mixed numbers) by replacing given fractions with equivalent fractions in such a way as to produce an equivalent sum or difference of fractions with like denominators.
- Interpret a fraction as division of the numerator by the denominator (a/b = a ÷ b). Solve word problems involving division of whole numbers leading to answers in the form of fractions or mixed numbers, e.g., by using visual fraction models or equations to represent the problem.
- Solve real-world problems involving multiplication of fractions and mixed numbers by using visual fraction models or equations to represent the problem.
We use Everyday Mathematics (Edition 4), which is a comprehensive Pre-K through grade 6 mathematics program developed by the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project and published by McGraw-Hill Education
Learning Tools for Everyday Mathematics (Edition 4):
- Everyday Math 5th Grade (EM4)
- EM4 Math at Home
Help organized by section (unit) for Home Link problems (English and Spanish), selected answers, vocabulary definitions, videos, games and more!
Stay up-to-date on what your child is learning in class. Family Letters contain background information, vocabulary, games and more for each section (unit).
- English Family Letters
- Spanish Family Letters (coming soon)
Student Log-in Information
CLASSLINK - CONNECTED
Use this link to connect to Everyday Mathematics Today’s Lesson, Math Games, Tutorial Videos, Math Toolbox, the Student Resource Book and more.
Once your student has logged into classlink they can access i-Ready Math lessons that are at their level.
- Multiplication & Division Fact Triangle Cards
Fact Triangle cards group together related multiplication and division facts (fact families) to practice mental math facts and arithmetic skills.
- Math Games with a Deck of Cards
Practice math facts and other math concepts with a deck of cards and two players.
- PBS Kids Math Games
Fun online math games.
- Math Playground
Fun math games, logic games, and number puzzles.
Math games and activities you can play at home or (school). Most everything you need is included: Rules, materials, and possible questions. In most cases, a video to show how to play the game is provided.
Math is everywhere in our world! You'll find lots of ideas for talking about math with your child--some you've never even thought of.
Engaging and inspiring math games, tasks, videos, and articles to help students develop a "Math Mindset."