End of Year Goals
- Interpret a multiplication equation as a comparison and represent verbal statements of multiplicative comparisons as multiplication equations.
- Find all factor pairs for a whole number in the range 1-100, recognize that a whole number between 1 and 100 is a multiple of each of its factors, and determine whether a given whole number in the range 1-100 is prime or composite.
- Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard U.S. algorithm.
- Explain why a fraction a/b is equivalent to a fraction (n × a)/(n × b) by using visual fraction models, with attention to how the number and size of the parts differ even though the two fractions themselves are the same size. Use this principle to recognize and generate equivalent fractions.
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with like denominators using a variety of strategies.
We use Everyday Mathematics (Edition 4), which is a comprehensive Pre-K through grade 6 mathematics program developed by the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project and published by McGraw-Hill Education.
Learning Tools for Everyday Mathematics (Edition 4):
- Everyday Math 4th Grade (EM4)
- EM4 Math at Home:
Help organized by section (unit) for Home Link problems (English and Spanish), selected answers, vocabulary definitions, videos, games and more!
Stay up-to-date on what your child is learning in class. Family Letters contain background information, vocabulary, games and more for each section (unit).
- Spanish Family Letters (coming soon)
Student Log-in Information
CLASSLINK - CONNECTED
Use this link to connect to Everyday Mathematics Today’s Lesson, Math Games, Tutorial Videos, Math Toolbox, the Student Resource Book and more.
Once your student has logged into classlink they can access i-Ready Math lessons that are at their level.
- Multiplication & Division Fact Triangle Cards
Fact Triangle cards group together related multiplication and division facts (fact families) to practice mental math facts and arithmetic skills.
- Math Games with a Deck of Cards
Practice math facts and other math concepts with a deck of cards and two players.
- PBS Kids Math Games
Fun online math games.
- Math Playground
Fun math games, logic games, and number puzzles.